Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I'd Fight For You

For this blog I decided to connect a popular song to Simone Elkele's book Rules of Attraction. After searching my IPod one song really stuck with me. This song was Fight for you by Jason Derulo. Its upbeat tempo and lyrics really captured the essence of Carlos's and Kiara's relationship. In Jason Derulo's song he says "It's gonna take a lot to drag me away from you, I'd fight for you, There's nothing that a hundred men, or more, could ever do, I'd fight for you, Just like the rain, down in Africa, I'd fight for you, It's gonna take some time but I know you're worth fighting for." Carlos has to fight for Kiara, to keep her safe, and to prove he really does love her. At the end of the book when he has to face the gang, he takes them down so he can keep Kiara and her family safe. He fought for their love, not even a Mexican gang could bring them apart. Even Kiara had to fight for their relationship. At first when they met she couldn't stand him. However, after a while she got to know him and eventually began to fall for him. When Carlos realized he loved her as well, he was frightened that could be too dangerous for her. Kiara had to fight to convince him everything would be okay. In the end no one could fight hard enough to tear both Kiara and Carlos apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment