Thursday, October 20, 2011

Another Blog Another Day

     Hello everyone! Here we go again, round two of blogging! I know all six of my lovely followers are pumped for this.... Or not whatever, I'm pretty excited. Blogging is so much more appealing to me than writing a research paper. Today was the day my class got their blog grades back. While most  of my classmates weren't to thrilled over the grades they received, I got an A so I was thanking the Lord!  I did a number of things right on the first part of my blog, but to be honest we all know there are some things that could be improved! I'm assigned to tell you what all I did good on my blog, and of course what I did that, well sucked!     
     To begin, I had a pretty good intro to my blog. This was actually pretty important to me, to start things off right. I wanted to give my readers an inside look to the book I was taking on this blogging journey with me. Also, I wanted them to get a look into who I was. My favorite blog however was the vlog. While everyone else was freaking out about this assignment it was actually the easiest to me. I'm much more comfortable talking about a book and being on camera, then trying to write about it. I hope we get to make more of these in the future. The one thing I had going for me through the entire blog was my ability to make personal connections. This comes much easier to me than trying to analyze the content of a book.
     However, I did have many down falls. Apparently I had trouble staying focused in paragraghs...my socks are blue... I on the other hand could never see how that would happen. I need to work more on developing paragraghs, and back up my statements more than I originally had. Also, I had originally thought that paragraghs only had to be four to six sentences. I realized that now I need to start maturing in my writing and bump up the paragraphs to ten to twelve sentences. This is something I really struggled with in my first quarter blogs. On my music blog I really struggled. I had a hard time connecting with the classical music, and getting the mood I wanted. I needed to develop my thoughts and content more than I previously had.
    The book I am reading for the second quarter is The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson. This is a story about a girl name Lennie Walker and how she was able to find herself. After her beloved sister died suddenly, Lennie's life seemed to take a complete turn around. Since Bailey, Lennie's sister, use to always be the center of attention, Lennie use to find happiness in the shadows. But now that Lennie is exposed she is able to really find out who she truly is. She even allows herself to fall in love. This quarter I hope to do more vlogs. I feel like these woule give a better look into the book.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Macie! Let me just congratulate you on getting an A on the first quarter blogs! I am really jealous right now seeing as how i did not get such a good grade and that i am not as good as blogger as you are. I am really happy to see that you are able to but your upbeat attitude into your blogs in some way or another especially in your vlog. I also, had the same problem you did which was not having long enough paragraphs. This was very hard for me to do last quarter because I really didn't know what i was doing, but it looks like you got through the blogs just fine anyway! But if you do find yourself getting distracted a lot I would get checked for ADD and I hope you were able to pay attention up till now. Oh well Macie, best of luck to you with the 2nd quarter blogs! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete