Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Twenty-First Century Classroom

          This year in my english III class I was introduced in to a new type of english. This english was not one of pencils and paper, but of keyboards, and iPhones. I was introduced to a virtual classroom, a modern twist on everything I previously recognized as "normal english". In this twenty first century english classroom I was introduced to blogging, twitter, facebook, and to a school from across the state. I was new to the blogging world, as well as the twitter world. By being introduced two twitter, I am now addicted! Since being introduced to blogging, I'm not addicted yet, but I might be on my way.
           Through blogging there are certain ways to where I was able to obtain a higher understanding of the text I was reading. I believe this happened because I was more in control of my own learning. There was a more hands on approach to reading the text. Instead of just reading everyday and doing a research paper, or answering questions, I had to activate my mind to discover my true thoughts. When blogging you are not just regergitating information that you have learned, but having to really think and use your mind. I would much rather have to use my mind than just tell someone what I think they want to hear. By blogging I have encountered a much more personal approach to my own learning. Having these new found skills, I am much more capable of understanding the text I am assigned.

1 comment:

  1. Macie,
    This is a fantastic blog! You used very clever wording that was very appealing when I ran across your blog on my blogger dashboard. I love the sentence stating how this new English is a modern twist on the norm. It is a good way to open up your paragraph. One of the reasons I actually haven't opened a twitter is I fear I may become addicted also and have another thing to keep up with! But in that sentence, you typed "two" twitter rather then "to" twitter. No big deal, just one less grammatical error. On your second paragraph, every thing you say is very solid and opinionated. Something about that paragraph I just love. Towards the end of your first paragraph though, I would say the last two or three sentence seem to be a little off in some way. They don't add up to the quality of greatness that the rest of the post does. Also at the end of the last sentence you didn't finish with a period. Are you going to add more to it? If so, I will be truly excited to read it because I enjoy what you have said in this post so much! There really isn't much else I can critique you on because this writing appeals to me in such a great way. I really do hope you keep posting blogs like this one. I will be overjoyed to read them!

    ReplyDelete