Thursday, January 12, 2012

Second Quarter Reflection!!

   
During my second quarter as a Junior I continued my blog. However, the second quarter differed from the first. I no longer was told exactly what to blog about, or practically how long they should be. I had much more freedom over my words. This was something I was a little uneasy about. I like knowing exactly what I have to do, and how long I have to do it. When I was given this freedom I was unsure of how to use it. This third quarter we are given even more freedom. We have no blog prompt to follow, and because of that I am a little nervous. I know I really enjoy doing the vlogs and animoto's, but I would really like to do something different. Maybe make my own "movie trailer". If anyone has any ideas please let me know.
          I received an A+ on my second quarter blog. It was even better than the first quarter grade. I was not very fond of the book I read last quarter. I had read The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson. The book seemed to be lacking some depth, and it was just not something I could easily relate to. However I read Rules of Attraction this quarter and really loved it. This is the sequel to Perfect Chemistry, written by Simone Elkeles. It was the classic good girl falls in love with the bad boy, and the bad boy falls hard back, type of story. For me though, those are the best. It reminds me that maybe there is a little hope left in humanity. And maybe, just maybe I won’t end up as the crazy cat lady down the street who scares the neighborhood children on Halloween... This book was much easier to read, and stay interested in. I would recommend it to anyone. I'm excited to do more blogs about this great book!
    

1 comment:

  1. Simone Elkeles may be by far one of my favorite authors. I feel like for us teenagers, she doesn't write about childish things or things that are too hard to comprehend but I always find myself relating to the characters in her stories and the events that occur. I never read the next book in the seires, Rules of Attraction, however, I did read Perfect Chemistry and that may be one of my favorite books! I'm dying to find the time to read Rules of Attraction. I do find the whole good girl goes for bad guy thing interesting and that's what keeps me reading; to see what happens next!

    ReplyDelete