Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I'll see you soon!

In What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen the main character Mclean moves around a lot. In the sixth grade I had my own experience with moving. I went from living in a small town named DuQuoin to living in the college town of Carbondale. Even though I only moved thirty minutes away I can still relate to Mclean. I can understand the want to leave and start over. Also, I can relate to the type of Independence she got after she moved to each place. After I moved I feel as if I grew up more than I had ever expected. Gaining this independence is the best thing that could have happened to me, and it is what I am most thankful for. However, Mclean and I differ in one main way. Mclean always chose to be a different person each time she moved. Me on the other hand never even knew how to be someone else. Even though she moved farther than I did each time, she still would never want to deal with goodbye. Being only thirty minutes away from my friends and family, I never had to say goodbye, just "I'll see you soon".

No comments:

Post a Comment